Sunday, February 20, 2011

epicureanism and stoicism

After further thought I concluded that I am epicurean. Why? Well I believe that they had it right when they said that we should be like the happy unconcerned gods. If we live the present moment concerned about what can happen or might happen then we aren’t really enjoying it. We then become preoccupied with the stress and concerns instead of enjoying the present moment. However, I also agree with one thing that the stoics say. Life in my opinion is to be enjoyed at the present but the stoics were the ones that said that the future isn’t up to us and the past has already happened so we cannot do anything about it. This is definitely something I agree with due to the fact that we don’t know what the future will bring our way and I am a strong believer that we cannot live in the past.

No comments:

Post a Comment