Monday, February 28, 2011

Daydreams

We have been discussing the mind/body problem and dreams in class lately. Yesterday I experienced something that I never have before- I literally day dreamed. Yes, my mind has wandered off in class or in church before, but I would usually be controlling my thoughts. This time, it was like I was in a dream, only I was awake. I don't know how long I was "dreaming" or why this was happening while I was awake.

But then I thought about if I was dreaming, or was my reality my dreams? You know that saying "Live your dreams?" Well, what if we are. In Inception, they go inside dreams of dreams, and Leonardo DiCaprio had a spinning piece that would only remain spinning in a dream. If it didn't, it was the only way he could differ from reality.

No comments:

Post a Comment