Monday, February 21, 2011

god

Wensdays class we talked about god and his existence. It's an interesting topic because it's a huge debatable issue. Many religions beileve in god or a god and theres also many people who do not. We can speculate and guess and make theories, but in the end no one knows if god really exists or not. The only things we have about god is written in multiple religious texts that don't seem to have the same views as one or the other, and they tend to even contradict themselves in their own religious books. I grew up with parents that are what I consider to be fairly religious. As I grew up my sister came to question our religion quite a bit. My dad and my sister often get into big debates on the issue of god. I usually just observe on the sidelines and listen to their arguments. My parents never have really asked me about what I think because they are usually too busy debating with my sister about god. I wouldnt really know what to say if they actually asked me. You wanna believe in something because your raised that way but at the same time you question a lot of things about it because you want concrete answers. In the end you need to have concrete faith to believe in things that aren't so easy to prove, comprehend, or understand.

No comments:

Post a Comment