Sunday, February 27, 2011

Dreams

I was very intrigued by the idea that every thing that we know as real could just be a dream. I've had many dreams where I thought it was real life and once I woke up I would have to literally convince myself that what happened in my dream did not really happen. So sometimes yes it does seem possible that life could just be one big dream and then that the dreams we have when we are sleeping are just a dream with in a dream. This could also imply that maybe our dreams are the only ways to tell that our own surroundings are just a more realistic dream. Or maybe our dreams are just another look at a different form of lifestyle that we just aren't living yet. Either way the idea of our lives just being one big dream did make me think and doubt my own reality, just as Descartes did.

No comments:

Post a Comment