Monday, February 28, 2011

Descartes/Dreams

Descartes had a firm believe that, " I think therefore I am," this one statement can be interpreted to mean many things. For example if I think that my hair is blonde ( definately not) then my hair is blonde. I feel that it is all on how people want to interpret different things. Just like a dream if you tell yourself your dreaming then why can't you be dreaming. It is like we are all programmed to "know" what a dream is and what it really means to be awake. Just think though, what if our supposed dreams were real and that it could actually do what everything that happens in your dreams. The topic of controlling our dreams was brought up and if a person is able to control their dreams then it must be just our minds giving us images of what was in our minds. Descartes theory is not supposed to be taken literally, but it is all about how someone wants to perceive the idea of what a certain one thing is.

No comments:

Post a Comment