Monday, February 21, 2011

God is ISing


Last week we discussed God as the purpose, the end cause, the it thing that caused all things. Personally, I am very spiritual, not so much as a specific religious entity, but as a caring, aware human being. I believe there may or may not be a "cause". I also think, why does there need to be a cause? As human beings we like reason, definition, explanation. The unknown is more often scary for us and to not know is uncomfortable and unsettling.

If God is ISing then I ask this question: If a child were born on a stranded island with no other human beings to teach religion, God, etc., would that child know God? Will that child feel spiritual, special, etc. Are we taught religion by rote or should we listen to scripture, lectures and the like and challenge, debate and question the philosophy behind it?

These are all questions that I have asked myself probably a couple of hundred times and hope they spark an interest in looking within and outside of your 'self'.

Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment