Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Time

I think one of the hardest concepts for me to grasp is the idea of our perception of time. Kairos is a term that I was taught to mean "God's time". I have learned this term at in years of Catholic schooling.I have attended a "Kairos Retreat" where all clocks and technology were taken away so we could try to understand a small glimpse of what life without time would be. Kairos is also a retreat offered to prison inmates and has a special structure of events. I have realized that this term in itself is contradictory, however. God does not have time, or anything even related to it. Past, present, and future do not exists as we know it. Any thought that we relate to infinity is inaccurate because we are not programed to think in this fashion. All we know is days, minuets, and seconds to plan out our day, and lives. Without time, we would have no structure.

No comments:

Post a Comment