Sunday, February 20, 2011

Stoic Carpe Diem

One of the topics that we have covered that has meant the most to me is stoic physics. I really makes sense to me especially Stoic Carpe Diem. People always say not to worry about things that are in the past but I don't think they really understand why. I catch myself sometimes getting caught up in some mental baggage from the past and it really effects my thought process even if it doesn't actually affect me in the current moment. If there was a way to eliminate the skeletons in one's closet without harming who they are that would help a lot of people find happiness. Living in the moment and enjoying yourself may seem irresponsible when it comes to future plans but if you are doing what you should do know to keep happy I feel like that also includes always keeping the future in mind to a certain extent. On one of the slides in class there was a quote by Marcus Aurelius that I liked a lot. "Leave the past behind you, entrust the future to the fate and act in harmony with nature."

No comments:

Post a Comment