Saturday, February 19, 2011

All Things Have a Cause

As I was studying for my World Religions exam, I realized there was one thing in common between Buddhism and the cosmological argument for the existence of God. This common ground is that from one thing comes another or cause and effect. However Buddhism denies a creator God. Buddhism supports cause and effect in that it creates a cycle of pain and suffering. Whereas the cosmological arguers state that the world had to have some cause that does not have preceding causes so God exists. It was interesting to me that opposing views shared common ground while disagreeing. Needless to say, I killed two birds with one stone because this will help me remember for my test in religion and future assignments in Philosophy.

No comments:

Post a Comment