Monday, February 28, 2011

This is late, but I was thinking about it as I sat in church. Last week we discussed Aquinas and his proofs for God's existence. He believed that the only way we can know what God's qualities are we have to examine what he is not. One thing we discovered he was not is body. God is not like man and therefore does not have a body like man and it is absurd to think of him as body. At church yesterday, the pastor talked about events such as the resurrection of Christ. I realized this and other events that pastors describe as if God were a body. Now that I think about it, it is an important realization because all the qualities we know God to have are called into question if we say God is body. Maybe one day I will have enough standing in the world to be able to tell pastors about this. Everyone should question what they believe to come up with reasonable explanations for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment