Friday, April 29, 2011

When I Grow Up..

While babysitting I hear many interesting comments from the children. I periodically ask the twin six year olds what they want to be when they grow up because I enjoy hearing the creative answers. Recently the girl answered I want to be a dance teacher like my mom. This showed me two things. First, she most likely does not realize that some people in our society would look down on this because the amount of money that she would most likely make. And Second, that enormous influence that adults have on their children and the importance in raising children with great morals and values.

The little boy refused to answer for awhile but finally answer that he just wants to be happy and help people. This was very inspiring to me. I hope that everyone focuses on what will make them truly happy and the importance of relationships and helping others. Their comments make me take a second look at my life and my future goals. Children are a great example of what our mindset should be. They often teach me not to fall into the social norms and to accept people for who they are.

No comments:

Post a Comment