Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Summer dysfunctional lovin'.

When I was in high school, every summer I would work at a children's over-night camp. My boss, a total bitch, rarely hired women and when she did made it known they needed to prove themselves to her. She claimed they were too "emotional" and were not able to handle their job. Her children, two boys and a girl, were her favorite employees and could do no wrong. She claimed her daughter was the ideal worker and would even tell childhood stories to pass the time, assuming we cared. My favorite story, was when her little angel was playing with a doll and the two boys came up ripped the doll's head off. Then the little girl, around 7 at the time, became upset. She said "Mommy they hurt my doll" and all my boss said was, "big girls do not cry Amy, your brothers game is more fun, just play with them." So laughingly she talked about how they would all play catch with little Amy's doll head. Sick right? Not only does she wrongly assume only women are emotional, but she subjectives men so much she would rather Amy play Frisbee with her doll head than take her daughters opinion into consideration. Ironic thing is when her son and I broke up, he was the only one that cried...

No comments:

Post a Comment