Sunday, January 30, 2011

Phaedo

When reading the Phaedo I was intrigued by idea that everything that we have come to know comes from recollection. It made me wonder if this were true. I started to think about how our bodies and minds work, and came to the conclusion that pretty much everything that we have known and will ever know come from recollection. How is it that when we are babies being born, we know to breathe or blink or cry to get our way or attention. These things do not just come naturally which makes me believe that our souls do carry on from past lives. It makes me also think about the psychological theory of Nature vs. Nurture and how some believe that everything that we know come from nurture. That it is our parents and our environments that shape our behaviors and actions. While others believe that who we are was already put into place before we were born and after we are born we show those characteristics and traits.

No comments:

Post a Comment