Sunday, January 23, 2011

Nihilism is crazy.

The idea of relativism is something I can easily understand. What I hold sacred may not be held sacred by all therefore who can say with any confidence something should be sacred to everyone. It makes a lot of sense and is something that I feel a lot of people use on a daily basis and should be used more often. On the extreme side of relativism is nihilism which I think naturally makes anyone who believes in it hypocritical. I say this because if you refute the existence of all ideas based solely on the fact that people view it in different lights means that any action is not real. Simple things like believing brushing your teeth in the morning is good for you are ideas that people have different opinions on therefore you shouldn't. That is like believing everything you do is irrelevant and I can't agree with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment