Monday, January 24, 2011

Marriage

On friday when we discussed the aim of a city it caught my attention. I had never question how a city was formed of why. I have to agree that a city was created in order for transcendence. Depending on other people is very important to our everyday lives. What is the point of a life or having other people around you if you do not fill it with relationships or interactions with others? I liked the example of marriage that Dr. Layne gave us as well. This was something that I had never thought about as well. She proposed the question do enter marriage to stop the other from doing what they please or trust the other person will make us a better person? This was very interesting to me. I had never questioned the idea of marriage mainly because I have grown up in a community where no one ever questioned the institution of marriage. I have to agree that it is better to trust that the other person will make you a better person. But is it really possible to find someone that you trust that much?

No comments:

Post a Comment