Sunday, January 30, 2011

Argument Of The Mind

In the past twenty minutes, I've convinced myself that there is nothing I can write this blog on. I've worked myself up into a frenzy trying to somehow connect the material we're learning in class to aspects of my life. I'm sure there are plenty of way that the material does relate. But I convince myself that there is no way. I read some of the amazing posts made by my peers and think there's no way I can come up with something so brilliant. I've always believed that I am the worst writer of all time... and still do to be honest... but in the process of all this thinking, I have led myself into a slippery slope. I've told myself that I am a weak writer, therefore I won't be able to blog anything, therefore my post is going to look so dumb compared to everyone else's, therefore I'm performing poorly in the class, therefore I can't make this post. I create this argument in my own head that is just full of fallacies. I've made a hasty generalization that since I haven't liked writing in the past for other classes, that I will not like writing for a blog, even though I've never actively participated in a blog. I appeal to the pity, as I pity myself for feeling unable to create a post. And I'm appealing to force, as I have to create the posts in order to pass this class. Moving forward, I have to stop creating all these fallacies in my own mind in order to clearly focus on the topics and to grasp a full understanding of the material presented.

No comments:

Post a Comment