Sunday, January 23, 2011

Is falling asleep in class ethical?

I fell asleep in class on Friday. I did, I really did. Am I proud I fell asleep in class? Nope, it was quite rude and showed a lack of respect. I'll remember to brew some coffee before the next class.
Because the only good notes I have for this class are for the section on ethics I will decide based on different ethical schools of thought (is schools the right term?) if falling asleep in class is ethical.
RELATIVISM- In the context that I had just come from a music therapy class where we were doing relaxation activities and had had a restless sleep I would say falling asleep just this once was probably ethical.
NIHILISM- **** this **** none of it matters. Verdict? Ethical!
CONSEQUENTIALISM- At the end of class did I learn what I should have learn? Nope. Not ethical
UTILITARIANISM- Did the majority of the class learn? I hope so. Did I snore and make class an unpleasant experience? I don't think so. Ethical!
INTENTIONALISM-Did I go into class meaning to take good notes and participate in class discussion? of course I did. I am a failed student :( Ethical!
After examining my various conclusions I can come to the ultimate conclusion that sleeping was a-okay! But really it wasn't. I'll do better next time!

1 comment:

  1. Wait you forgot one

    Post Modernism: no matter what I think, you think you're right, so it doesn't matter therefore refer to Nihilism.

    ReplyDelete