Sunday, January 23, 2011

Being Philosophical Everyday


I came across this video this weekend. I thought it was funny enough to share. But then I began thinking about what life would be like if we interacted this way. We began discussing ethics and arguments this week and I tried to apply this question to what we were talking about (unsuccessful). What I did realize is that everyday we are faced with opportunities to say "philosophy", but we don't. I believe we don't because majority of people probably wouldn't be able to handle day to day questions they can't seem to fully answer. It would be very tiring. In my mind philosophy has its time and place. It is great to do alone or with one other friend, maybe over coffee. But for a common person in a normal situation, philosophy, or more so philosophical questions are unfriendly.

No comments:

Post a Comment