Sunday, January 30, 2011

Blonde's

When looking over the common fallacies the one that stood out to me the most was the hasty or sweeping generalization. This fallacy states that whatever is true in most instances will be true in all instances. Everyone has heard of all the dumb blonde jokes, or how brunettes are smarter than blondes. I have been blonde since birth, and I have constantly gotten the dumb blonde jokes, or the "blonde moments". Mostly happening in college and having a major in Biology, I felt like the teachers would automatically judge me because of my blonde hair and bubbly personality. Just last December, I finally died my hair brown and I really noticed how much people judge by the color of your hair. This was my real life experience of a hasty or sweeping generalization.

No comments:

Post a Comment