Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Why do I do things?

I have no idea what we did in the last class, but that did not prevent me from wondering, "Why do I do some of the things I do?". I really hate doing some of the stuff I do but still, I do it anyways. Some of the reasons are obvious, doing school work to get a grade, doing my laundry so I have clean clothes in the morning or working out so I don't get fat and lose my delicious beach body. And there are harder ones, hanging out with people to gain social acceptance, putting up with things you don't like because other people think it's okay or even giving up things for some sort of random religious significance. All together I wish I could just do whatever I want, but unfortunately to live as I would like too it is necessary to act in a certain way to appease others.

2 comments:

  1. Robert, this is something that I have been thinking about for a long time. Everyone does things to gain acceptence into something. However, that is not always the case, you always have the power to do what you want, it is just up to you to figure out how you want to do things. I feel like its everyone trying to work up the social pipeline, but if we are all aiming to achieve the same thing, then are we against each other?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is quite interesting Alla, if you think about it everyone is working towards social acceptance yet we are reluctant to work together for the same goal.

    ReplyDelete