Monday, March 28, 2011

What would Mill say to Marx?

I think Mill and Marx would have a very compelling argument..I mean, discussion. I wouldn't think they would agree at all. Mill is very individualistic and while Marx wants what's best for the individual, he thinks the way to achieve that is through coming together as a society. I can already hear Mill screaming "What is right for the individuals is not right for the whole GROUP!"

If Mill were around now I think he would subscribe to a libertarian style of government. A very free and open type of control where individuals are free to live how THEY want to live and find other with the same wants to achieve their goals. Mill would be all about Ron Paul.

If Marx were around he's probably be a little angry at the stigma that the word "communist" has on it. I personally feel like if we didn't demonize the world communist a lot more people would be open to that style of government. I personally wouldn't, but I think people don't fully understand it enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment