Thursday, March 17, 2011

The Invisible Monopods

In class, we were discussing if people would act morally if no one saw them. I feel like it would depend on the particular individual. I think that the majority of people would not live very morally especially since no one would be able to see them act bad. The story about the ring in the Republic reminded me about the book Voyage of the Dawn Treader. At one island, the children meet some invisible monopods. An 'evil' magician turned them invisible, and they hated him for it. The invisible monopods were doing almost anything they wanted because no one could see them. I feel like humans would act a lot like the invisible monopods.
The story about the invisible man also reminds me about the ring story. Usually, they play the man as being nice and very moral when he is visible. After he becomes invisible, he becomes almost evil. I feel like this would be a majority of people. Why behave properly when you can't get caught?

No comments:

Post a Comment