Monday, April 11, 2011

Choosing to not Choose

The way Satre explains intersubjectivity caught my attention, "We are what we are not and not what we are." Yes, I am a student but I am also not a student. I am also a sister, friend, daughter, golfer and so on. We all have many identities in life and we share these identities in different way to different people, being with others. The way I act on the golf course is not the way I act around my friends. In class someone brought up, "but I am a whole different person around my grandma." But in reality you are not a whole different person, you are a different identity. You choose your identity through free choice and the decisions one makes. I have met a lot of people that blame why they are lazy, or drink too much, or are over weight because of certain aspects in life. It is interesting to realize these people choose to think that. They say they have no chose, but these people are choosing not to choose.

No comments:

Post a Comment